Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Batman V. Superman: Dawn of Justice: Title and Logo



Announced by Warner Bros. earlier today are the official title and logo of the new Batman vs. Superman film. I actually believed that Batman vs. Superman was just a working title, but with the new title being official, I'm baffled. And I'm not the only one who finds the title to be bad

There are problems with the title. First, I think it would have been better off as Dawn of Justice rather than including the working title. Plus, with the working title, it actually sounds like a court case. Second, the Dawn of Justice part actually hints at the upcoming Justice League film.  

Now the logo. I'm glad that they kept the kept the stylized Superman logo, but the Batman one shows otherwise. To me, it looks as overblown as George Clooney's Batman suit in Batman and Robin

That's my view of all this. I really hope the movie itself will be much better than its recent post-production revealings. Yet, along with Jesse Eisenberg (The Social Network, Adventureland) being Lex Luthor, Wonder-Woman (Gal Gadot) appearing in an already packed film, Batman's suit (Batmobile is an exception), and, yes, Ben Affleck, I'm not keeping my hopes up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment